Troy Allen Lanier
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Probate and Estate Litigation
- Business, Contract, and Insurance Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
For over twenty-five years, Troy A. Lanier has maintained an active civil litigation and trial practice in the state and federal courts of Georgia.
Troy Lanier maintains an AV® peer review rating in Martindale Hubbell, the highest and best possible ranking given for both legal ability and ethical standards. In 2006, he was named as one of Georgia's Rising Stars® by Law & Politics, joining a select group, as only 2.5 percent of the attorneys in Georgia are chosen for this accolade. He has been selected on multiple occasions as a top attorney in Georgia by the Super Lawyers rating service. He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA).
Read attorney Lanier's avvo.com reviews and endorsements.
His practice focuses primarily on injury cases and estate litigation. His practice also includes insurance matters, Fair Labor Standards Act cases, and general civil litigation.
Troy Lanier earned his A.B. degree in 1988 from the University of Georgia, and he obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1992.
He is an active member of the State Bar of Georgia and the Augusta Bar Association. He is a past President of both the Augusta Bar Association and the Young Lawyer's Club of Augusta.
He formerly served as Vice-President of the Board of Directors of the Georgia Legal Services Program. He is a Founding Fellow of the Augusta Bar Foundation, and he is also a Fellow of the Lawyers Foundation of Georgia.
He is a member of Trinity-on-the-Hill United Methodist Church in Augusta, Georgia. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Kiwanis Club of Augusta.
He is married and has two sons. His personal interests include history, fishing, and college football.
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D - 1992
- University of Georgia , Athens, Georgia
- A.B - 1988
- Major: History
- Georgia, 1992
- "Voir Dire"
- "War Stories", General Trial Practice Section Meeting
- "Trial Preparation", CLE Presentation
- "Estate Litigation: The Continuation of Family Relations by Other Means"
- "Mediating The Family Feud"
- "Probate Disputes and Litigation"
- AV® peer review rating in Martindale Hubbell
- Georgia Super Lawyer
- Georgia Trend Legal Elite
- U.S. News & World Report: Best Law Firms in Georgia
- BLA (Best Lawyers in America)
- Georgia’s Rising Stars® by Law & Politics, 2006
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by National Trial Lawyers Organization
- Georgia's Top Rated Lawyers
- America's Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys: Top 10 Attorneys
- American Association of Attorney Advocates: Top Ranking Attorney
- The American Lawyer and National Law Journal Magazine Top Rated Litigator
- Best of the Best Attorneys: Top 10 Personal Injury Law Attorney (Georgia)
- Georgia Bar Association, Member, 1992 to Present
- Augusta Bar Association, Former President, Current Member, 1992 to Present
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member
- Georgia Legal Services Program, Vice President of Board of Directors, 2007 to 2011
- Fundraising Committee for the GLSP board, Former Chairman
- Lawyers Foundation of Georgia, Fellow , 2009 to Present
- Young Lawyers Club of Augusta, Past President
- Founding Fellow of the Augusta Bar Foundation