For over twenty years, Troy A. Lanier has maintained an active civil litigation and trial practice in the state and federal courts of Georgia.
Troy Lanier maintains an AV® peer review rating in Martindale Hubbell, the highest and best possible ranking given for both legal ability and ethical standards. In 2006, he was named as one of Georgia’s Rising Stars® by Law & Politics, joining a select group, as only 2.5 percent of the attorneys in Georgia are chosen for this accolade. He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). Read attorney Lanier's avvo.com reviews and endorsements. He is also a member of the National Trial Attorneys Top 100 Trial Lawyers group.
His practice focuses primarily on business and contract disputes, estate litigation, injury cases, and employment-related disputes. His practice also includes insurance matters, condemnation proceedings, premises liability cases, and various cases involving public school districts. A substantial portion of Mr. Lanier’s practice involves the representation of litigants in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia.
Troy Lanier earned his A.B. degree in 1988 from the University of Georgia, and he obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1992.
He is an active member of the State Bar of Georgia and the Augusta Bar Association. He is a past President of the Young Lawyer’s Club of Augusta. He formerly served as a member of the Executive Committee of the Augusta Bar Association.
He formerly served as Vice-President of the Board of Directors of the Georgia Legal Services Program. He is a Fellow of the Lawyers Foundation of Georgia. He is a member of Trinity-on-the-Hill United Methodist Church in Augusta, Georgia.
Areas Of Practice
- Business and Contract Litigation
- Estate Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Georgia, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2000
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D - 1992
- University of Georgia , Athens, Georgia
- A.B - 1988
- Major: History
- "War Stories", General Trial Practice Section Meeting
- "Trial Preparation", CLE Presentation
Honors and Awards
- AV® peer review rating in Martindale Hubbell
- 2014 Georgia Trend Legal Elite
- 2014 U.S. News & World Report: Best Law Firms in Georgia
- 2014 BLA (Best Lawyers in America)
- Georgia’s Rising Stars® by Law & Politics, 2006
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by National Trial Lawyers Organization, 2012
- Georgia's Top Rated Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Bar Association, Member, 1992 to Present
- Augusta Bar Association, Former Member of Executive Committee, Current Member, 1992 to Present
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member
- Georgia Legal Services Program, Vice President of Board of Directors, 2007 to 2011
- Fundraising Committee for the GLSP board, Former Chairman
- Lawyers Foundation of Georgia, Fellow , 2009 to Present
- U.S. 11th Circuit Court of Appeals Historical Society
- Georgia Sheriffs' Association, A.R.N: District 6, 2012 to Present
- Young Lawyers Club of Augusta, Past President
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, Trinity-on-the-Hill United Methodist Church